Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Council Suit: Death

I am the Winter, the resting place and the stillness. I am the one who interrupts and gives you pause to reflect and remember. I am the one who brings fear and mystery. I am the gate between the worlds. I am the one with whom you can count on and one whom is not often welcomed. I am the one who walks the path of transformation and change.

I bring the gift of endings and transformation; of dying to self and renewing regeneration. I bring change to the world you walk and the world within. I give the gift of closings and open new possibilities. I bring butterfly wings for the caterpillar has fulfilled its destiny. Without me, new chapters cannot be written.

I want you to embrace my presence rather an push me into the corner of your mind. I will visit you and interrupt your life, of that I am certain. I want you to make ready a place for me. I want you to lean into the pain and fear and longing I will bring with me, for I have gifts when that is done. I want you to find the gratitude after the horror. Know that with death comes life and an opportunity for treasured memories and renewed possibilities. Walk with me and know that where I tread I bring rememberances and restrospection and from that comes wisdom from lessons learned. I want you rest in the warmth and security of the cocoon and then spread your wings to fly to the next desitnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment